The Alpha Pi Chapter was established at the University of North Dakota in 1911, and was one of the very first national Greek chapters on campus. The group was originally a local sorority known as the Alpha Deltas, who were established in 1906. However, in 1911, the Alpha Deltas, who included local founders such as Pearl Munroe and Echo Turner, reaffiliated to become a chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta.
In the 1920s, Kappa Alpha Theta built one of the first houses on campus. The chapter house was originally supposed to be at the center of campus, however the University expansion plans changed. The chapter house is now located at 2500 University Avenue, next to University Park. In the 1940s the east wing of the house was added, and the 1960s saw the addition of the west wing. Today, the Alpha Pi chapter has the largest house on campus.
The Fall of 2011 the current active members of the Alpha Pi Chapter hosted a celebration for the 100th anniversary of the founding of the chapter. Members from all around the country were invited back to Grand Forks for a full weekend of events.
With over 100 years of history at UND, the women of the Alpha Pi Chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta look forward to a bright future and continuing the Theta tradition.